What about sms?

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:24 PM
Has someone developed sms support?

Other idea?
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2016 at 10:24 PM
Hi All,

Yes, I will soon deploy a version that allows you to send the TOTP codes by SMS.
it's an API, so you can code your own implementations.
I will join you two examples :
  • a very basic one for those who wish to choose their SMS provider and achieve their own code.
  • a second one fully operating with Azure MFA.
stay tuned

Regards
Sep 14, 2016 at 7:48 PM
Thanks!

Waiting to your update.
Sep 27, 2016 at 9:58 AM
I tries your basic sms example (not the Azure) and I just returned the hard coded code you wrote in your example, but I got the following error:

Error sending toast notification:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Neos.IdentityServer.MultiFactor.Utilities.LoadSMSwrapper(String AssemblyFulldescription)
at Neos.IdentityServer.MultiFactor.Utilities.GetPhoneOTP(Registration reg, ExternalOTPProvider sms)
at Neos.IdentityServer.MultiFactor.AuthenticationProvider.SendNotification()

Do you have any idea what could be the problem ?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2016 at 10:19 AM
Edited Sep 27, 2016 at 10:19 AM
Hi, Barak2

It seems taht the external OTP provider could not be loaded.
As described in documentation, you must provide in the config file the description of your connector. and after you register the new config file

In the config file please, put this code :

<ExternalOTPProvider Company="barak2" DefaultCountryCode="US" Sha1Salt="baraksalt" FullQualifiedImplementation="Neos.IdentityServer.Multifactor.SMS.SMSCall, Neos.IdentityServer.Multifactor.SMS.Sample, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=175aa5ee756d2aa2" />

And after register you new config file with powershell :

Change ADFS Authentication Provider Configuration Data

Import-AdfsAuthenticationProviderConfigurationData -Name "MultiFactorAuthenticationProvider" -FilePath ".\configdata.xml"
net stop adfssrv
net start adfssrv

The TOTP Code for the user is 1230.

Regards
Oct 25, 2016 at 8:33 AM
Thanks for your reply.

I checked again and still I an getting the same error.
Your sample DLL is working fine.
But when I create a new DLL with your sample code (just returning an hard coded number) I get this error.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem ?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2016 at 10:48 PM
Hi Barak

Yes, i think you can.

If you correctly deploy your dll implementation in th GAC and updated your config file according . it should work.
But as said in limitaions, ADFS Server is highly secured. all assemblies, and those that are dynamically loaded must be signed in Visual Studio with a pfx certificate and not with a snk
Due to security, solution must be signed in Visual Studio with a certificate .pfx
Your projet must also be build for the .Net Framework 4.5.2 minimum

Regards
Nov 1, 2016 at 1:51 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I signed the DLL with a pfx certificate and also bulit for .Net Framework 4.5.2, but I still get the same error.

Is there anything else that I am missing ?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Hi barak

Can you open an Issue and send us you project as zip file

Thanks
Marked as answer by redhook on 6/21/2017 at 10:48 AM